|Company Name||Sandbanks Provincial Park|
|Location||Sandbanks Provincial Park|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2019|
General Labourer / Labourer
|Job Apply||Please send resumes to Scott.Craig@ontario.ca.|
|Other Details||Ability to obtain valid CPR and Emergency First Aid Certificate|
|Rate of Pay||$19.61 / hour|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
Purpose of Position :
As a member of the Sandbanks Provincial Park Team, under the general supervision of the Park Superintendent, carry out a variety of duties associated with facility sanitation and general maintenance.
Duties / Responsibilities :
Working within Sandbanks Provincial Park, providing general maintenance, operational and monitoring duties for the successful implementation of the park maintenance program by:
1. Performing general park maintenance functions by carrying out routine maintenance tasks, e.g. lawn mowing, painting/staining, minor repairs/maintenance to buildings/utilities, garbage collection, grounds/campsite/trail maintenance, general facility maintenance/sanitation.
2. Operating and maintaining a variety of office and light powered equipment, such as, tractor with attachments, lawnmowers, and chainsaws, boats, and hand tools.
3. Carrying out facility and equipment inspections for their security, damage and to ensure their normal operations and safe use.
4. Assisting with the operation of the park's water treatment facility.
5. Promoting user compliance with park rules and regulations through regular public contact.
6. Acknowledging, reporting and recording problems, violations and complaints to the park duty officer.
7. Assisting with the training and leadership of Regular Students and Summer Experience Program (SEP) student employees as required.
8. Assisting other members of the park team during vacation/sickness and other peak workload periods.
9. Assisting in other Ministry programs as required.
10. Other additional duties as assigned. The incumbent shall, while in the workplace and in performing their assigned duties, conduct themselves in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, as well as any workplace practices as directed by the employer. The incumbent shall ensure that they take precautions to protect the health and safety of themselves and others by complying with such acts, codes, policies, procedures and/or accepted workplace practices as may be appropriate. The incumbent shall report any hazards of which they are aware to their immediate supervisor or designated employer representative
Staffing and Licencing :
Valid Class 'G" Driver's License or equivalent
Ability to obtain valid CPR and Emergency First Aid Certificate
Ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule.
Job requires working knowledge of park programs, services and operating procedures. Job requires working knowledge of the operating standards of the maintenance and sanitation of general building facilities and utility maintenance. Job requires knowledge of the operation and maintenance of powered equipment such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, boats, small hand tools, etc. Job requires knowledge of customer service standards/practices, telephone operation and etiquette to serve park clients and respond to general information requests from internal/external clients. Job requires knowledge of worker responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations that apply to the position's work, and knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the workplace to ensure compliance and reporting hazards.
Job requires ability to operate and maintain a variety of light powered equipment such as water pumps, chlorinating systems, lawnmowers, chainsaws, boats, small hand tools, etc., not only including the ability to operate and travel in a variety of vehicles/equipment, but also to conduct these duties in all types of weather and under inclement conditions. Job requires well developed organizational skills to work with minimal supervision, as well as ability to work independently, follow and carry out routine instructions. Job requires ability to provide group leadership to student staff and volunteers. Job requires physical ability to carry out functions/duties of position in order to be able to traverse through park property/land, which can be rugged and remote terrain. Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written). Basic computer skills in word processing and email use.
Freedom of Action :
Job requires working in accordance with procedures established in the Ministry and government policies, procedures, guidelines, directives or established park routines, practices and procedures. Situations not covered by established methods and procedures are referred to the group leader or supervisor for direction. Job requires performing a variety of general maintenance work under minimal supervision. Completed work is reviewed for completeness and quality. On a daily basis, acts under the general guidance and direction of the Park Superintendent. Work is performed alone or with a student in a rugged, remote park environment. Job requires providing routine updates to immediate supervisor and other provincial park staff as required.
Group 4 Temporary assignment
Pay $19.61 / hour
40 hours per week
Contract up to 6 months starts asap and ends Sept. 13th
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.