Dart Container Corporation founded and headquartered in Mason, Michigan, sets the Industry Standard of Excellence in the development, manufacture and distribution of innovative foodservice packaging solutions. Dart manufactures and markets cups, plates, containers, lids and straws made from plastic and paper across the globe. In Canada, Dart operates as Dart Canada Inc. (DCI) headquartered in Toronto. DCI also has a manufacturing facility in Campbellford which opened for business in 1985.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of cup presses, baggers, casers and conveyors.
- Responsible for replacing electrical components (switches, relays and timers), adjustments and replacing/rebuilding parts for above mentioned machines.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance checks and services, trouble shooting, and repair of equipment utilized in bead production.
- Responsible for checking machine efficiency and monitoring/controlling bead weight.
- Responsible for lifting rolls of film for baggers from staging area to machines.
- International travel may be required for training purposes.
Fork-truck license if used
Knowledge of safe use of basic hand and power tools.
Knowledge of electrical systems.
Familiarity with schematics helpful.
Mechanical aptitude to include familiarity with plumbing, fabrication, blueprints, welding, and boiler room auxiliary equipment.
- Must be able to frequently stand when working on machines.
- Must be able to frequently move about on foot when performing all relevant job functions.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry objects under 10 pounds; frequently will be required to lift objects weighing 10-25 pounds; rarely will lift objects 26-60 pounds; frequently will lift and carry objects 61-75 pounds (film) and rarely will be required to lift objects weighing 76-100 pounds. The heaviest object that is lifted and carried would be a roll of film weighing 50-75 pounds approximately six (6) times per day. The film may have to be carried from 10 to 70 feet.
- Must be able to occasionally push/pull when moving inspection machine or other machine parts.
- Must be able to occasionally climb ladders to access overhead equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally balance when on ladders or working on overhead machinery.
- Must be able to occasionally kneel and crouch when working on machines at lower levels.
- Must be able to frequently reach by extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction when performing all essential job functions.
- Must be able to frequently work with hand(s) and finger(s) when performing all essential job functions, especially wiring and hand tool usage.
- Must be able to occasionally feel by perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture when checking molds.
- Must be able to occasionally express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word when receiving instructions, working with partner and reporting progress or problems encountered.
- Must be able to occasionally hear when listening for machine noise indicating problems, receiving instructions and troubleshooting machine malfunctions.
- Must be able to rarely smell when detecting burning solenoid valves.
- Must be able to occasionally utilize near vision, 20 inches or less, when lining up molds, referencing schematics or diagrams and troubleshooting machine malfunctions.
- Must be able to occasionally utilize far vision when looking for bagger or trouble lights.
- Must be able to occasionally judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they really are when repairing.
- Must be able to occasionally adjust the eye so as to bring objects into sharp focus when doing work at varying distances from the eye. Applicable when watching machine parts.
- Must be able to occasionally utilize color vision when carrying out electrical installation or repair and checking film color.
- Must be able to occasionally utilize field of vision when operating fork-truck or observing trouble lights.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or to email@example.com
Dart Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. To request any accommodations, please specify in your application.
If you have previously applied for any of these positions within the last 12 months, please do not reapply as all applications and resumes will be considered. Thank you for your interest in Dart Canada Inc.