The County Cider Company is looking for full-time seasonal Line Cooks and a part-time seasonal Line Cook to start May 7th, 2018.
- Responsible for daily preparation of high-quality food items as designated, in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows our recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as directed.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains his/her station while practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to safely, properly use and maintain all equipment in station and the kitchen.
- Assists with cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
As a seasonal Tasting Room and a patio restaurant housed in 1800's barns the weather has a direct effect on working conditions, it is often hot and humid, sometimes cold and sometimes it is raining.
- Must maintain a neat appearance, following good personal hygiene.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
- Weekend shift work required.
- Our kitchen is a dynamic environment where the line cook has to adhere to workplace safety procedures and have a high threshold for heat in our outdoor kitchen environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Safe Food Handler Certificate (willingness to obtain before commencing employment)
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred or enrolled in a hospitality program
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation required.
- Canadian, or have legal permission to work in Canada (e.g. open work permit).
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Effective communication skills.
- Needs the ability to perform his / her duties in a fast-paced, high-pressure team environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on issues that may require a last-minute change in priorities.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.