Edgewater Stonemasons is currently seeking a motivated individual to join our group as labourer for a project in Picton this season. We work primarily with the brick and stone fabric of heritage buildings. We are a small company with competitive wages, room for advancement, and a tight-knit group of skilled stonemasons. The position can grow into an apprenticeship opportunity.
The ideal person likes physical, outdoor projects, and can work independently or with others. Experience is an asset.
Please have clean criminal and driving records.
- Mix mortar using equipment according to specific formulas
- Deliver mortar and other materials to masons
- Cut brick and stone using power tools, cutting equipment and hand
- Layout and build scaffold or other access systems
- Clean and organize equipment, tools, work sites and storage areas
- Move or position materials using cranes, hoists or dolleys
- Monitor material inventories
- Performing General Physical Activities- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of
- Handling and Moving Objects- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management- Managing one's own
- Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Complex Problem Solving- Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Static Strength- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry
- Trunk Strength- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or
- Arm-Hand Steadiness- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one
- Manual Dexterity- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling
- Achievement/Effort- Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Initiative- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and
- Persistence- Job requires persistence in the face of Worker Requirements
- Mathematics- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their
- Building and Construction- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of
- Related Work Experience- 1-2 years
- Required Level of Education- High school
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.