|Company Name||Berry Global|
|Date Posted||March 11, 2019|
Jobs for Students
|Shift Hours||8AM to 4PM|
|Start Date||End of April|
Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.9B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what’s important!
Join the Berry Global Engineered Materials Division this summer in an internship assignment at our Belleville location. Our mission is to foster an environment of learning and application. Our commitment is to provide you with a real-life, meaningful experience where you will manage projects from start to finish, network with cross-functional teams, and give a final presentation to showcase your excellent work. We strive to challenge you and reward you for good work.
As an Employee Health and Safety (EHS) Intern, you will gain hands on experience working on a variety of projects assisting our teams in solving complex business challenges.
• Support EHS communication and training initiatives in 2 locations (Belleville and Scarborough)
• Become a member of and support the JHSC
• EHS administration support regarding WSIB and SDS database
• Implement safety risk assessments, create and support Job Safety Analysis’s
• Support Front Line Leadership throughout the onboarding process
• Summarize and participate in monthly Workplace Observation and Near Miss reporting
• Enrolled in an accredited Baccalaureate or Master's degree program with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
• Candidate must be enrolled in a curriculum to pursue a career in the EHS field
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
• Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
• Minimum completion of sophomore status in good standing preferred
• Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles preferred
• Driver’s license and car an asset for travel between locations
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.