|Company Name||Highline Mushrooms|
|Date Posted||November 14, 2018|
General Labourer / Labourer
Part Time & Full Time
|Job Apply||Please submit resume to email@example.com|
|Rate of Pay||$14 per hour ( Or piece work whichever is greater) + $6.35 a day travel pay|
|Shift Hours||Work requires weekend and/or evening work and some holidays. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.|
Highline Mushrooms, located in Wellington is looking for Harvesters to join their team. Highline aims to passionately nourish people, community and environment, through embracing core values of integrity, excellence, care, respect, effort, openness and fairness, in all our activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pick mushrooms and place into trays or boxes
• Meet requirements for size, weight, cleanliness, stem length and overall condition. The goal is to maximize quality and production and minimize bed damage.
• Adheres to the Safety Policies, including use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
• Reports unsafe conditions immediately to the supervisor
• Reports all incidents, injuries and near misses to the supervisor immediately
• Cooperates in the Early and Safe Return to Work Program if an injury or medical illness requires accommodation.
• Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) as trained
• Adheres to all quality standards per customer specifications.
• Ensures mushrooms are harvested within customer specifications and in a manner that reduces or eliminates knock-overs, ensures clean edges and product quality as instructed by the supervisor, coordinator or Quality Department
Tools and Equipment:
• Use of clean, sharp harvesting or paring knife
• Picking trays and hooks
• Trolleys, platforms, ladders
• Wears safety belt, latex, nitrile or vinyl gloves , bump cap, and respiratory face mask as required
Performs any other duties that may be assigned as required.
Reports to: Harvesting Supervisors, Harvesting Coordinators
Eligible to work in Canada. Must be at least 16 years of age. Previous harvesting experience an asset.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities to be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the manager or supervisor to assign, direct, or control the work of associates under his or her supervision. Job descriptions may be revised at any time during the course of employment as required.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.