Please note: the status of jobs on this site will be as up to date as the current COVID-19 pandemic allows. Please be patient with employers as follow-ups are made. This job posting is currently available.
Picton Terminals is currently hiring tugboat crew to travel between Picton and Toronto weekly (Sunday am to Thursday pm) from July 1 to December 31, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Reports to the Captain with accountability to the Vessel Manager/Technical Manager
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical operation all vessel machinery and equipment
- Reporting of any incident and/or damage affecting sea worthiness, speed or normal operations
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time while ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Monitor and order bunkers, lubricants and maintain spare parts and inventory
- Ensure the machinery is in compliance and meets regulatory and class requirements
- Review and sign off the Engine Room Logbook while ensuring that all required information is entered accurately and kept up-to-date
- Delegate work assignments, supervision and training of Engine Room crew
- Ensure all Engine Room personnel and new hires are familiar with Company policies and procedures and have access to the appropriate manuals and documents
- Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies
- Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
- Other duties assigned
- First, Second, or Third-Class Motor Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Experienced leader and motivator of direct reports
- Strong sense of responsibility and pride in overall condition of machinery
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous tug boat experience required
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.