|Company Name||Brighton Children’s Centre|
|Date Posted||November 07, 2019|
Non Profit/Community Services
|Criminal Record Check Required||Yes|
|Job Apply||Please apply with Resume attached to email@example.com|
|Other Details||Please see job description|
|Rate of Pay||Wage is $18.00 per hour|
Brighton Children’s Centre located in Brighton is seeking an Educator for a Part-Time position.
• Supervise the children, actively participate in play and guide them in their physical, social, cognitive and emotional development in accordance with the philosophy of the Centre
• Plan curriculum, post the information, date and file appropriately. Implement curriculum, observe and document based on the foundations of How Does Learning Happen. Teach, encourage and assist children encouraging the values of belonging, expression, well–being and engagement
• Arrange orientation of new families in collaboration with the Executive Director; ensure all necessary documents are received and suitable start dates are arranged
• Collaborate with other program staff to organize the room in a safe, engaging and appealing way to allow for group, individual, quiet and active play
• Check and clean toys and equipment on a regular basis to ensure safety and cleanliness.
• Maintain day to day liaison with parents/guardians with regards to child’s well-being, daily routines and learning
• Regularly Participate in relevant professional development opportunities according to the professional standards
• Keep Executive Director advised of any pertinent information regarding parents, children and/or staff
• Assist, supervise and guide high school, college and university students
• Supervise and coordinate with assistant staff to ensure necessary day to day duties and activities are performed for running the program
• Current membership in the College of ECE’s, will also consider CYW,SSW, DSW or Recreational Leadership degree if accompanied by experience working with children
• Minimum one year experience in a licensed child care facility
• Current immunizations as required by the local Health Unit
• Valid and current First Aid and CPR-C certificate
• Current Vulnerable Sector Check
• Ability to interact with colleagues, children, families and members of the community with respect, trust and integrity as a representative of the Brighton Children’s Centre
• Ability to use professional judgement following all Brighton Children’s Centre policies, College of ECE standards and the CCEYA
• Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations, emergencies and crisis
• Demonstrate that you value the rights of children; respecting their well-being, sense of belonging, freedom of expression and dignity through play-based pedagogy
• Ability to collaborate with staff, students and volunteers providing pedagogical leadership as needed
• Ability to carry/lift children and carry/lift/move moderately heavy items.
• Ability to perform administrative duties such as creating documentation, attendance records, confidential files etc. necessary to the program
• Wage is $18.00 per hour
Please apply with Resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.