The County Cider Company is looking for a part-time seasonal Dishwasher
- Fast and effectively clean, sanitize and put away all dishes, glassware, utensils and pots while maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the dish area and dish machine/'dish pit area'
- Pre-soak cutlery in solution and load into dishwasher
- Has the knowledge and ability to use correct chemicals and cleaning agents. Maintain sanitation levels to help prevent bacterial contamination
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand when required
- Safely handle and store cleaning products. Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace
- Maintain a hazard free area by following standard practices of Safe Food Handlers Certification / WHMIS
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Operate dishwashers efficiently
- Scour pots and pans
- Clean and sanitize dishwasher mats, dish carts and dish racks
- General kitchen and dish area maintenance including: sweeping, mopping, organization and garbage removal
- Assist in receiving and stocking supplies/products
- Daily, at the end of the shift collect all garbage bags from kitchen / service areas and remove to the dumpsters
- At the end of each shift collect and remove all used dishtowels and cloths to the established collection area in the red barn
- Some basic food preparation when required
- Attend monthly cleaning crews to maintain restaurant cleanliness
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Must be attending high school
- Should have a positive attitude and communicate effectively
- Previous experience working in a dishwasher role or similar environment an asset
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- Capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to perform job duties with little to no supervision
- Ability to perform some basic food preparation (or the willingness to learn) when required
- Safe Food Handler Certification and WHMIS preferred
- Responsible for getting to work location
General Work conditions
- As a seasonal patio restaurant housed in an 1800's barn it is often hot and humid
- Must maintain a neat appearance, following good personal hygiene.
- Adheres to the County Cider approved dress code
- Workplace hazards include but are not limited to: cuts from broken glass, metal cans, knives, burns, slipping and tripping
- Reaches, bends, stoops and wipes.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to respond to employee or guest needs
- Frequently immerses hands in water
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.