|Company Name||Ministry of Government and Consumer Services|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2020|
Business / Finance / Administration
Organization: Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Division: ServiceOntario - Retail Office
Job Term: 2 Temporary assignment/contract up to 12 months with possibility of extension
Job Code: 95423 - Customer Service Rep 2
Salary: $25.46 - $29.52 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 147768
At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services online, in person and by phone.
Our vision is to be recognized for meeting or exceeding customer expectations with our service, solutions, leadership and people, every time!
If you strive to provide customers with a positive service experience and thrive in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career as a customer care representative may be for you!
• This position works 18.13 hours per week
• Entry level applicants will be hired at the Customer Service Representative 2 Training (CSR – 2T) level and the salary will be $23.88 per hour.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
• Provide quality in-person, front counter customer services by providing timely and accurate information related to government programs, products and services in a retail and customer service oriented environment
• Provide interpretation of guidelines, directives and procedures
• Provide guidance and support to customers in completing documents and forms, and in the use of public access workstations (i.e., online small business registration)
• Provide guidance and support to customers experiencing problems accessing or obtaining specialized information, and refer to the appropriate program area or organization for resolution
• Process business and individual customer transactions, determining that eligibility requirements are met and obtaining required documents
• Collect and process payments, issuing refunds, and reconcile payments with transactions
• Maintain files and electronic database systems
• Produce a variety of reports and correspondence
How do I qualify?
Customer Service and Communication Skills
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills
Collaboration and Organizational Skills
Financial and Administrative Skills
Address: 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 1201 Division St, Kingston, East Region, Criminal Record Check
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Customer and Client Services
Posted on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.