|Company Name||Ministry of Government and Consumer Services Division: ServiceOntario|
|Date Posted||June 18, 2020|
Business / Finance / Administration
Contract Full Time
|Job Apply||You must apply online by visiting ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 151244 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.|
Organization: Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Division: ServiceOntario - East Contact Centre Services Branch
Job Term: 3 Temporary assignments/contracts for 12 months with possibility of extension
Job Code: 95422 - Customer Service Rep 1
Salary: $24.30 - $28.15 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 151244
PLEASE NOTE: These positions may require you to work overnight shifts. Please click on the "view more information" tab for additional perks that may be offered with these positions.
At ServiceOntario, we are committed to providing the citizens of Ontario with fast, friendly and easy access to Ontario government information and services - online, in person and by phone.
Our vision is to make Government better through service excellence and innovation. Our Mission is to design and deliver excellent services and solutions and to champion service delivery transformation.
If you are an excellent telephone communicator, enjoy working in a fast-paced, team driven environment, then a career in our contact centre as a customer care agent may be for you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
• contribute to a team that provides 24/7 access to information and support services to customers using the telephone
• perform various transactions and support electronic transactions related to government programs, services, legislation, policies and procedures
• proactively provide guidance and support to customers in completing forms and in the use of self-service systems
• review and respond to email, mail and fax inquiries
• research and verify information via databases, websites, and resource documents
• maintain accurate documentation on transactions and identify frequent requests and recurring complaints, and provide input regarding improvements to websites, information tools, resource databases
How do I qualify?
Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have customer service experience responding to inquiries, providing accurate information and resolving customer issues in a high-volume environment
• You have interpersonal skills to interact with the public, to collaborate in a team driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met
• You have a high degree of initiative and can effectively adapt services to meet the varying needs of customers
• You have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Research, Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You have demonstrated ability to reference, research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines (e.g. where applicable, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, business communications, etc.) in order to support the accurate completion of forms and transactions
• You can effectively probe for information, assess situations and determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed
• You have knowledge of research and information gathering methods
• You are a clear, concise oral communicator and have experience providing detailed explanations of programs, services or procedures to customers
• You have experience providing written responses to customers' requests for information
• You have experience applying effective telephone techniques, customer service principles and quality standards when dealing with diverse inquiries and client groups
• You have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level
Organizational and Multi-tasking Skills:
• You have demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications
• You have experience using computers (i.e. Intranet, Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Customer and Client Services
Posted on: Thursday, June 18, 2020
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, July 3, 2020 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.