Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Food Services Manger, the Cook is responsible for preparation and delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate;
- Red Seal Certificate preferred;
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting;
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating;
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets;
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees;
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- To prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /specialty diets according to planned menus;
- To make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place;
- To adhere to time schedules for service of meals and nourishments;
- To follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
- To comply with all provincial/municipal regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures;
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- To attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.