- Company Name: Petra Realty Developments Ltd.
- Address: 26A Richmond Blvd
- Web Site: http://www.petrarealtydevelopments.com/
- Position Start Date: To Be Determined
- Rate of Pay: Competitive hourly wage, based on experience
- City of Job Posting: Kingston & Napanee
- Number of Positions Available: 2
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Average Hours Per Week: 44
- Minimum Education Required: High School
- Applicants are to apply by:
- Closing Date: Posted Until Filled
Petra Realty Developments Ltd. is a Napanee based Design/Build company. Our focus is to provide exceptional value and innovative design to our clients in the construction of commercial buildings, custom homes, and renovations. We are based in Napanee but are soon starting a large project in Kingston.
Our crew is comprised of licensed carpenters and apprentices. We promote the apprenticeship training program and the training of our labour force.
You will need to be able to work in a team atmosphere, problem solve, be capable of performing various physical tasks, willing to learn and be an all-around friendly, punctual and trustworthy person.
We are looking for experienced (license an asset, but not mandatory for this position) carpenters who can work independently or in a team environment to complete projects to the highest of standards in a timely manner.
- Erect walls, framing, roofing, interior work, finish carpentry
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout to determine dimensions and materials required
- Layout areas where construction work will be performed
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete
- Install structures and fixtures such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, hardware, etc
- Verify trueness of structures
- Follow established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Performing physical activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses and commercial buildings
- Personal Protection Equipment – You have your own PPE items (hard hat, steel toe boots, approved safety harness, etc)
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively. Listening to others to learn from their experience and/or constructive criticisms.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Experience in carpentry (must be skilled, but license not required)
- Must have Working at Heights training
- CPR/First aid is an asset
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.