|Company Name||Prince Edward Lennox & Addington Community Futures Develop. Corp.|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
Contract Part Time
|Job Apply||If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV by Thursday June 4 to: email@example.com|
|Rate of Pay||N/A|
Communication Specialist – 4 Month Contract
Community Futures Prince Edward County, Ontario
Community Futures Prince Edward Lennox Addington is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to encourage and support local entrepreneurship and sustainable economic development through impact investing.
We provide strategic advice and access to capital to growing enterprises and social-purpose organizations contributing to economic diversification.
We manage: a core investment fund that provides affordable loans to entrepreneurs; an equity fund that supports early-stage innovative ventures; and a social impact fund that connects enterprises with investors seeking financial and social returns.
We are seeking a results-oriented and versatile self-starter to join a small team dedicated to achieving positive social impacts in our communities.
The Communications Specialist will be expected to develop a talent for: telling compelling stories across multiple channels that include social media and digital platforms; and staging successful public events that require liaising with the media and stakeholders. The tasks and responsibilities unique to this role include the following:
• Social media updates and analysis – In addition to shaping the organizations voice and maintaining social media accounts, the successful applicant will be in charge of weekly social media reports on post engagement, reach, and shifting demographics.
• Website updates – The successful applicant will learn to navigate and update a variety of websites using off-the-shelf software and tools.
• Event Planning – The Communications Specialist will organize virtual events for local businesses, entrepreneurs, associations, and other stakeholders.
• Stakeholder Relations – The Communications Specialist will be expected to sit in on meetings, take notes, and participate in conversations with important stakeholders. While this will not be a primary responsibility, it is an important skill that the successful applicant will get to develop.
• Graphic Design – The successful applicant may be asked to assist in creating suitable graphics for project launches, program promotions, events, and other opportunities.
• Between 15-30 years of age
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection act*, and
• A commitment to social justice
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and advances diversity.
Number of positions: 1
End Date: 2020-09-26
Hours per week: 35
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV by Thursday June 4 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will b e assessed on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.