CLINICAL COORDINATOR – Pine Meadow Nursing home
Candidates are invited to apply for the full-time position of Clinical Co-ordinator (This is a non-unionized position) for our 64 bed long-term care Home in Northbrook, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Clinical Co-ordinator provides clinical supervision and organization for programs impacting on care delivery including, but not limited to Orientation, In-service education, Infection Control and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Works closely with the DOC to ensure the Nursing Department operates in accordance with MOHLTC, CNO, and Extendicare standards and policies.
- Monitors units for emerging trends and provides leadership as the Infection Control Nurse in an outbreak situation, ensuring all departments follow proper procedures.
- Reviews daily infection control report, determines nursing interventions required, and maintains linkages with the local Public Health Unit.
- Assists unit registered staff in planning and development of resident-specific care by attending interdisciplinary care conferences and providing advice in the development of resident care plans utilizing RAI/MDS assessments.
- Initiates and develops comprehensive nursing in-service programs utilizing Best Practice CNO/RNAO Guidelines. Coordinates in-servicing requirements for the Home in accordance with MOHLTC and Extendicare standards.
- Develops, maintains and evaluates orientation and education programs for all staff and students.
- Takes a member role for committees of Infection Control, Falls & Restraint, Skin & Wound, Pain and symptom Management and Improving continence team meetings.
- Participates in Accreditation
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation of the Nursing Continuous Quality Improvement program by conducting specific Nursing audits and following up with nursing staff to meet MOHLTC standards. Responsible for data collection (quality indicators – wounds, restraints, specialty surfaces, etc.) and analyzing statistics.
- Back up for the ordering of all weekly Nursing supplies, monitors inventory and implements a tracking system to ensure efficiencies in utilization of supplies.
- Develops policies and procedures related to clinical practice and infection control that align with corporate polices.
- Works as a unit registered staff member in the event of critically short staffing.
- Maintains flexibility and availability in hours of work.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding resident care, quality assurance, fire, health and safety, environment, clinical practice, and infection control.
- Assist and support the DOC in the Resident Admission Process and other duties as assigned. Keeps the DOC informed.QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric population
- Previous long-term care nursing experience preferred
- Proven managerial and leadership qualities
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement tools and processes
- As a Clinical Educator, skilled in the principles and philosophy of adult education
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and organizational skills
- Able to multitask and assist in developing systems to monitor standards of nursing practice and compliance with MOHLTC Standards
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of interdisciplinary teams, displaying professionalism and employing excellent human relations skills
- Excellent computer skills including the RAI/MDS assessment and other documentation systems
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety practices, procedures, and legislation
- Current CPR certificationIn Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.