Home Hardware Picton is seeking to hire a full-time cashier. Health and dental benefits available. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
The cashier provides all point-of-sale functions, including recording and collecting for customers purchases; processing transactions (cash, credit card, debit card) using retail software; keeping accurate record of all cash, in-house charge, and credit card transactions (debit, gift card etc.), reconciling records of sales with cash and credit information and making sure they balance, performing various services for customers, such as providing information, confirming prices, all done in a prompt friendly manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- greet and verbally communicate with customers, management and staff both in-person and by telephone.
- operate all point-of-sale equipment, including cash register and smartSELECT terminal with sufficient speed and accuracy
- verify signatures on the back of credit cards and expiry dates
- follow proper procedures according to store policy regarding returns and refunds
- ensure customers have had a positive shopping experience; take steps to rectify if they haven't
- answer phone in prompt fashion and take messages, according to store policy
- call when special orders come in
- assist those customers who need advice, information or directions
- page over public address system when necessary
- maintain price information (flyers, in-store promotions, etc.) for references when customer price inquiries arise
- be familiar with items in stock, yard inventory, including product use and operation
- watch for shoptheft and take action, according to store policy
- maintain check-out area and merchandise displays
- keep store tidy, cleaning the store and check-out area at the end of the shift
- tabulate sales at the end of the day and/or end of your shift and remove cash from register in accordance with store policy
- attend store meetings, training sessions, etc. as required
- assist in training new cashiers
- work on special projects as assigned by head cashier or supervisor
- work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management
- work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behaviour to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evening and holidays
- friendly and helpful attitude toward customers
- excellent communication skills
- high school graduation diploma or equivalent
- willingness to learn
- excellent mathematics skills
- ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere
- report directly to head cashier or supervisor
- meet with head cashier or supervisor for quarterly/annual performance review
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.