Duke’s Sports and Entertainment is looking for a Full-time Canteen Manager who is responsible of planning, organizing, and monitoring the day to day operations of the canteens, including scheduling workers, ordering food supplies, inventory, daily record-keeping, opening and closing the canteen, preparation and cooking for service and ensuring all workers sign in and out and following strict food handling safety guidelines. The Canteen manager will manage the Wellington and Picton (Prince Edward County) hockey arena canteens. The Canteen Manager will support the development of strong relationships within the local community, with patrons, employees and owners of this company.
The duties of the Canteen Manager include:
- Opening and Closing duties, working on game days both morning and evenings, week days and weekend shifts.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, submitting staff time sheets on a bi-weekly basis to the accounting manager so staff are paid in a timely manner
- Must be certified and aware of current Food Handling and Hygiene Laws, WSIB and work toward the ongoing improvement of service, facilities and Safe Food Handling.
- Develop and ensure that all daily monitoring and records are maintained for inspection purposes.
- Facilitate a happy, supportive and productive canteen environment, where patrons, canteen staff and or volunteers feel valued and welcome.
- Liaise effectively with the Management and staff of the arena, General manager and Account manager.
- Ensure all canteen staff are briefed on appropriate canteen procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure a safe work environment and work practices are followed at all times.
- Delegate tasks effectively.
- Be responsible for ordering supplies from local and approved vendors and checking of stock deliveries.
- Ensure all incoming orders are monitored as per the Food Safety Program that stock is stored and rotated appropriately.
- Undertake a stock inventory of goods at designated intervals.
- Establish effective procedures for the canteen’s operation.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Provide reports to Management as required.
- Ensure that the collection counting and receiving of monies is undertaken within established internal control guidelines.
- Prepare monies for banking.
- Observe internal controls relating to delivery/pick up of goods and sign off of invoices. Personal Abilities / Skills / Knowledge
- Supervise staff in a warm and professional manner
- Proven ability to work with a range of people and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team situation.
- proven ability to run a canteen.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Positive and outgoing attitude
- At least 2-3 years in a previous Food &Beverage supervisor/management position
- Great communication skills, attention to detail, & leadership skills
- Flexible schedule (ability to work weekends/holidays)
- Valid Ontario Food Handler’s certificate and/or Smart serve certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire date
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.