|Company Name||Bayfield Treatment Center|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2018|
Medical / Health
Contract Full Time
|Job Apply||Please send Resume and references by January 19, 2018 to Irina Vainer-Ogungbemi by fax: 613.392.4054 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants who apply and advise that only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted|
BEHAVIOUR THERAPIST( Maternity Leave)
Bayfield Treatment Center, a private rural treatment facility located in picturesque Prince Edward County, is seeking applications for the position of a Behaviour Therapist.
The Behaviour Therapist is responsible for designing and implementing specialized individual behaviour treatment plans for youth placed in group treatment homes at Bayfield. This individual is required to have a solid foundation and training in Applied Behaviour Analysis and must be familiar with the BioPsychoSocial model. She/he also needs to be committed to training and clinical supervision of direct care staff and practicum students. Currently it is one year maternity leave contract.
Some Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain a clinical caseload, facilitate or co-facilitate groups and complete other clinical duties, as assigned by the clinical director. Complete an assessment interview with youth and his/her care providers and conduct behavioural observations in order to gather baseline data and inform treatment planning. Articulate a clear definition of the presenting problems that can be understood by professionals, paraprofessionals, and lay people alike. Treatment Planning and Review. Involvement in clinical consultations. Formulate Individual Crisis Management Plans and Safety Plans as required. Provide for client suicide prevention planning, assessment and intervention, in accordance with the A.S.I.S.T model. Conduct and record physical restraint debriefing interviews with clients, according to CARF standards. Provide training to clinical colleagues, child care therapists and teaching staff as well as family-based care providers, family members and referring agencies, as assigned by the Clinical Director. Participate in research oriented questions and/or projects that might help further the scope and/or quality of treatment to Bayfield residents, as assigned by the Clinical Director. Supervise and mentor placement students from Behavioural Psychology or Behavioural Sciences programs.
• Undergraduate degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma in the Behavioural Sciences. Certification or eligibility for certification as a Board Certified Associate Behaviour Analyst.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to function independently with demonstrated initiative
• Ability to evaluate client treatment and programming needs and formulate plans accordingly
• Knowledge and experience working with children with Neurodevelopmental Disorders including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disabilities, ADHD, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders associated with Prenatal Exposure to Alcohol (FASD)
• Education and Background in Applied Behaviour Analysis
• Knowledge of the Developmental Psychopathology and BioPsychoSocial Models
• Team player with good listening, negotiating, and problem solving skills;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to travel within the Bayfield’s service area or to other locations as needed
The successful candidates will require a high degree of energy and the ability to communicate well in both oral and written form.
Please send Resume and references by January 19, 2018 to Irina Vainer-Ogungbemi by fax: 613.392.4054 or e-mail: email@example.com We thank all applicants who apply and advise that only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.