|Company Name||Napanee Golf and Country Club|
|Date Posted||January 28, 2020|
Business / Finance / Administration
|Job Apply||Applications to be received by March 1, 2020: Email email@example.com Att: Laurie McAuley, Office Manager|
|Rate of Pay||NGCC provides a competitive salary commensurate with applicant experience.|
Founded in 1897, the Napanee Golf and Country Club is one of Canada’s oldest and most challenging courses. Designed by Fred Rickwood, a Stanley Thompson protégé, the course is set on over 70 undulating acres. The ‘nine-hole’ course has been strategically designed to play as a full eighteen. Forward and back tee boxes, separation of tee boxes, split fairways, and ten greens are combined to change hole lengths, landing zones, and the approach angles for the front and back ‘nines. The rich history of this family friendly, 250 member club, provides an outstanding golf experience for all. Napanee Golf and Country Club is located just 35 kms west of Kingston, and 3.6 km south of the 401 from the Highway 41 / Centre Street Exit.
Position Summary: The Assistant Pro Shop/General Manager is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the club operations to ensure an exceptional member experience. The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Club Manager to build a positive and professional atmosphere as well as a financially successful club.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Pro Shop Management:
▪ Ensure good customer services practices are followed – greet patrons, communicate relevant course information to members and guest as well as to provide prompt and helpful telephone and email inquiries.
▪ Assist with the day-to-day financial, administrative and managerial duties, ensuring the pro shop is operated effectively and meeting player needs efficiently.
▪ Conduct monthly count of pro shop inventory and reconcile against inventory levels within Point of Sale System (Lightspeed).
▪ Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks and ensure a clean and safe working environment. Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
▪ Organize golf cart fleet ensuring all cart renters sign appropriate agreement/waiver.
▪ Responsible for the regular updating of Club’s various social media platforms specifically website event calendar and Facebook page.
▪ Identify new revenue opportunities and potential cost savings.
▪ In collaboration with the General Manager, the hiring, training and supervision of temporary pro shop staff
▪ Assist in developing staff work schedules in a fair and equitable manner
▪ Ensure staff demonstrate effective customer service and represent the club in a professional manner (maintaining Club dress code and grooming standards).
▪ Effectively manages staff and volunteer resources in a respectful manner.
▪ Ensures standards are met and maintained regarding health and safety, fire regulations, insurance requirements, employee laws and liquor license requirements, as directed by the respective authorities.
Project Management and Marketing:
▪ Respectful of the strategic planning process as outlined by the Board of Directors and provides support in managing all club special events
▪ Development of an event plan – detailing activities, responsibilities, timing and required resources including paid and volunteer staffing.
▪ Coordinating related activities with Club, Kitchen Manager and Course Superintendent
▪ Act as a primary contact for all internal club activities.
▪ Assist with coordinating tournaments, events and competitions.
▪ Assist in the capture of data for the purpose of marketing and better club management. Ensures that trends and challenges are identified and provide strategies to ‘grow the game’ at NGCC.
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ Post-secondary education in Golf Course Facility Management or equivalent preferred.
▪ Prior experience in a supervisory or managerial position an asset.
▪ Previous knowledge of golf and golf operations recommended.
▪ Strong communication skills – written and spoken.
▪ Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and golf club software (Chronogolf).
▪ Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.