Oeno Gallery is looking for an Assistant Art Preparator. Bring your enthusiasm and creativity to this contemporary art gallery and sculpture garden, located in the heart of Prince Edward County, next to Huff Estates. One full time opportunity available. We are looking for energetic, qualified applicants who share our enthusiasm for art, design and creativity and who want to be a part of a growing team for the long term.
- We are seeking a personable, professional and competent person who can work with our art consultants and clients to assist in presenting, moving, packing, shipping, transporting, installing and selling artwork.
- The successful applicant will also have responsibilities for logging inventory, managing the storage and organization of art works on the premise and in storage facility. This role requires attention to detail, ability to changes tasks regularly and comfort working within gallery as well as clients residential and commercial environments.
- Welcome collectors and visitors into gallery and sculpture garden
- Help to coordinate in-gallery client appointments
- Assist the art consultants within the gallery during operating hours and client appointments
- Inventory input into gallery management system
- Assist exhibition installations and uninstalls at gallery and in sculpture garden
- Adjust lighting for exhibitions
- Help install frames on paintings
- Packing, crating and preparing artwork for shipment
- Driving commercial truck to points in Ontario or Quebec on a weekly basis
- Moving artworks of various weights and dimensions throughout the gallery or to and from delivery truck
- Deliver and install artwork at gallery and in client homes and offices in a professional manner
- Work with gallery staff to log and perform condition reports for artworks coming in and going out of gallery
- Proficiency in creating artwork proposals for clients using Powerpoint with staff direction
- Help maintain 4 online platforms with new and existing artwork
- Help maintain Oeno Gallery website with new and existing artwork
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Computer proficiency with data management, contact management and email including: Powerpoint, Adobe, Photoshop, Word, Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook and Instagram
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license. Can and will drive a truck 2-3 times a week.
- Computer skills to input inventory and text/image data
- Customer service skills – must be able to interact professionally and effectively with clients at gallery and in home
- Careful installation skills within specialty environments
- Ability to patch and paint walls
- Preference will be given to candidates with a passion for the visual arts, who have an art education and who have experience working with a gallery or related business with involvement in packing, installation and visual presentation. Must be bondable. Must have a clean driving record and be comfortable driving delivery van in large urban settings.
Member: Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Art Dealers Association of Canada
Prince Edward County Art Dealers Association
Prince Edward County Arts Trail
Chamber of Commerce
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.