|Company Name||Hastings Prince Edward Public Health|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
Medical / Health
Contract Full Time
Please note: the status of jobs on this site will be as up to date as the current COVID-19 pandemic allows. Please be patient with employers as follow-ups are made. This job posting is currently available.
The Manager will lead the Immunization team and programs by providing oversight and direction in the coordination of vaccine programs and schedules, liaising with stakeholders and ensuring effective inventory management. As a key contact with the Ministry of Health, the Manager will remain current with Public Health Standards and vaccine schedules to ensure all relevant information and data is translated into effective service delivery to meet community needs.
The Manager will monitor infection and immunization rates and make appropriate recommendations to services and the allocation of program resources. They will work with various stakeholders including schools, primary care providers and long-term care homes while providing timely internal and external communication, and leading education initiatives.
This Manager will also lead a reduced Vision screening program. This small portfolio includes oversight of the early vision screening program for senior kindergarten students.
• Manage the planning, development, delivery and ongoing review of the immunization program (operational plan and budget) in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards, related
evidence and the immunization schedule to best serve our clients and improve health outcomes.
• Review and develop program policies and procedures in consultation with the Director of Public Health Programs, Chief Nursing Officer and the Medical Officer of Health.
• Act as key contact regarding immunizations and remain current with updates to immunization schedules and vaccines.
• Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders including schools, physicians, clinics and longterm care homes; act as a primary contact for Ministry contacts, agencies and media related to
• Oversee the purchasing and inventory control of vaccines and related program supplies within approved budget and timelines.
• Train, coach, develop and provide timely feedback to staff to ensure clear job expectations and improve overall job performance and satisfaction.
• Manage employee performance through regular performance reviews, goal and expectation setting and development plans.
• Orient staff and ensure that work is performed in a safe manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and best practices.
• Oversee staffing allocation, schedules and resources to ensure effective service delivery.
• Lead education and communication activities related to routine and emerging issues.
• Prepare Ministry and organizational reports including annual service plan and program activity reports; prepare and present reports for Board of Health.
• Work with program management team to address social determinants of health, health equity
and related public health issues.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing including Public Health Nursing preparation; an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Master’s degree considered an asset.
• Current registration with good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (or eligibility for registration).
• 5 years of related experience in Public Health, preferably with immunization services.
• Previous experience in management, leading teams, coordinating purchasing and coordinating schedules/clinics is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
• Ability to plan and coordinate several services with related staffing, resources and supplies within budget and Ministry Standards.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Strong leadership skills. Ability to manage performance, conduct training, and coach staff in a unionized environment.
• Demonstrates understanding of financial and human resources management concepts.
• Knowledge and commitment to privacy and confidentiality in a health care setting.
• Ability to adapt and adjust workplans to meet changing needs in a busy work environment.
• Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Electronic Medical Records) and a demonstrated ability to learn new software.
• Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check.
• Valid Ontario Drivers licence and access to a vehicle
Interact with clients in a variety of community and institutional locations; flexible working hours required.
Core business hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Use of a vehicle, and some travel required.
If you are interested in applying, please review our Submission Guidelines on the website.
Applications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HPEPH welcomes those with disabilities. To make arrangements for accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources directly.
Please apply by closing date: May 28, 2020. Job will on remain on this site for reference only after this date.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.